on 7 Feb 2013
Hey everyone, anyone got any insights about the cost of living in Brazil? I'm going to be there on a short assignment for six months. My salary will be $2,000 a month. Will this be enough to survive in Rio? My company will be providing an apartment and a driver for me. Any insights welcome!
Anonymous (not verified) on 7 Feb 2013 - 08:12
Hi Jenny, you'll find that the cost of living in Rio de Janeiro is surprizingly high - the city has featured highly on numerous international cost of living surveys, being amongst some of the most expensive cities in the world.

Whether this salary will be enough for you generally depends on your own lifestyle and the cost of living is all relative in relation to this - so depending on what your monthly expenses are - you need to factor these in. The fact that your company will be taking care of your accommodation and your transport will go a long way to helping you save and stretch this salary. I suggest you have a read of our Cost of Living in Brazil page for a comprehensive overview of what things cost in Brazil and you can then work out how far your salary will go in relation to this.

Good luck with your assignment to Rio - what a wonderful and exciting city to spend six months in!
Anonymous (not verified) on 13 Feb 2013 - 11:29
please i need the address of the hsbc bank and the name of the agent to recieve my fund here in sao paulo, brasil,...

“Aetna

Aetna

Aetna International, offering comprehensive global medical coverage, has a network of 1.3 million medical providers worldwide. You will have the flexibility to choose from six areas of coverage, including worldwide, multiple levels of benefits to choose from, plus various optional benefits to meet your needs.