Expert Info

Posted by shanki
on 22 Sep 2019

Hi, I want to bring my daughter back to the UK for her A-levels. I want her to go to a good comprehensive school (not private). Please advise how I apply and get admission.


Shantalie on 11 Oct 2019 - 09:50

Hi Shanki,

You should approach the school and the local authority to find out about enrollment procedures. School admission is usually based on catchment areas so you should consider this when deciding where to live.

Also, what are your long-term plans? Although international students are entitled to a free education in the UK. Schools give preference to those who are likely to stay in the UK longer for the sake of consistency and continuity in the classroom.

Read the Education and Schools in the UK page for some more background information on the topic.

Good luck

Expat Health Insurance Partners

Aetna International

Aetna offers award-winning international health insurance plans to more than 55 million members worldwide. Their plans are tailored to meet the individual needs of you and your family while you are away from your home country, living and working abroad. Get peace of mind knowing you and your family will be protected and have access to quality health care wherever you are, where you need it.

* For a limited time, there is a discount of up to 20% on new multi-member policies and up to 10% on single member policies. This offer is valid until 19 June 2020. See website for details.

Get a quote from Aetna International


Cigna Global

With 86 million customer relationships in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world.

Get a quote from Cigna Global