We are going to Europe for 3 months and taking our 5lb dog with us. We are flying round trip to Barcelona.
I see the requirements going over with a certificate dated no more than 10 days prior to travel, having a microchip, current vaccinations and appropriate owner and dog descriptions. What about on returning to US?
Returning to the United States,all dogs must be healthy. And if your dogs are coming from a high risk country for rabies, they must have valid rabies vaccination certificates to enter the United States.
- Dogs must be at least 12 weeks old to get the rabies vaccination.
- If this is your dog’s first rabies vaccination, you will have to wait 28 days before traveling to allow the vaccine to take effect.
- If you’re not sure or don’t have proof your dog was vaccinated before, have your dog vaccinated; then wait 28 days before traveling.
- If your adult dog’s rabies booster is current, you can travel without waiting 28 days.
- Your dog’s rabies vaccination certificate must be valid for the duration of your trip.
Expat Health Insurance
Cigna Global Health Insurance - 10% off any plans bought in November and December 2023
With Cigna, you won't have to rely on foreign public health care systems, which may not meet your needs. Cigna allows you to speak to a doctor on demand, for consultations or instant advice, wherever you are in the world. They also offer full cancer care across all levels of cover, and settle the cost of treatments directly with the provider. Cigna is currently offering a 10% discount for seniors (over 60) on their Silver package.
International Movers. Get Quotes. Compare Prices.
Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.