Posted by Wendy Hilton

I start work middle of August in the Hague and will need to look for a place to rent for myself and my husband. Can you recommend any companies that can help to find accommodation? I have heard that some places charge a months rent as a finders fee. Someone else has said this is now against the law!

What paperwork do we need to have and how long does it take from looking at a property and then getting keys to move in?

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

Wendy

lukecromhout on 6 Apr 2017 - 14:53
Hi, Wendy!

It's so exciting that you're moving to The Hague! I found this guide to accommodation in The Hague really helpful, as well as the guide on moving to The Hague?

To answer your question, have you tried searching local rental sites to compare prices?

Also, do you already have a residence permit? You can apply for this with the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) and you have to register in the Municipal Personal Records Database (BRP). It would be best to contact the Dutch embassy in your country in order to get the most accurate information.

I found this guide to accommodation in The Hague really helpful! Also, have you read the guide on moving to The Hague?

William Russell Health Insurance

William Russell

William Russell is a boutique insurance company, that values itself on its great customer service and is underwritten by Allianz. They provide health, life, and income protection insurance for expats around the world. With a global network of 40,000 hospitals and doctors, their health insurance plans are designed so that they follow you to whatever country you move to next.

Get a quote from William Russell