Hi, I am an American citizen currently working in Germany. My wife is Japanese from Osaka. Does anybody know (I have done research already but also wanted to try this channel) what exactly is needed to bring two dogs (two Chihuahuas) into Japan? I would be looking into working as an English teacher in Osaka. A friend of my wife's used to work at Berlitz so I will go ahead and apply there. Any feedback on working at Berlitz? Thanks! Bouncingdude
Shantalie on 13 Sep 2012 - 09:04
Hi Bouncingdude !

There are quite strict requirements for bringing animals into Japan. I would advise you to take a look at the Animal Quarantine Service for Japan's website for more detailed information, especially this changes on a regular basis. If you want to take your pets abroad, it is also best to start the process well before you are planning the move - because collecting all the relavent paper work is a time consuming process.

It might also make sense for you to enlist the services of a relocation company, they'd be able to assist you in all aspects of your move and take a lot of the stress away from you.

When it comes to Working in Japan a lot of expats choose to teach English. Have a read of this article on Teaching English in Japan. It has a lot of information that will be useful for you.

Best of luck with the move.