on 24 Feb 2014
Hey expats,

I have a PhD degree in Computer Science. ialso have the experience of Research and publication.I am looking for job and could do with some advice on how to go about getting a job in Denmark.
Shantalie on 25 Feb 2014
Hi pshams,

Where are you from? The reason I ask this is that if you are from the EU, Switzerland or the Nordic states it will probably be a little easier to find a job as citizens of these countries can work more freely in Denmark. However, there are lots of other programmes in place to assist those with certain skills find work in Denmark. Check out the Visas for Denmark page to find out more.

When it comes to finding a job in Denmark - networking is key. The country has a highly educated and skilled worforce so who you know becomes very important. You can also use social networks like Linkedin or online job portals for help. Take a look at the Working in Denmark page for more useful tips to help you in your search for a job.

Good luck,

Shantalie on 26 Feb 2014
Hi pshams,

As you are not from the EU you will need to apply for a residence visa and work permit to be able to live and work in Denmark. You can possibly look into applying for Denmark's Green Card Scheme or starting your own IT business. For more detailed info you should check out the Visas for Denmark page.

As I mentioned previously, you chances of getting a job will be greatly increased if you are able to network successfully. Do you know anyone in Denmark? Any work collegues that can put you in touch with other IT professionals in Demark?

Failing that, your next best option would be to look online. Websites like workindenmark.dk and jobnet.dk are really useful resources for job seekers. There is a comprehensive list of websites on the Working in Denmark page.

Do let me know if you need any further help.

Best of luck.

Anonymous (not verified) on 25 Feb 2014
Dear Shantalie i ma originally from Iran,but i have done my study in India.if it is possible i kindly request you to guide me, how can i find Job in Denmark??