on 8 Oct 2012
Hi, my name is Carl Mack, and my two college friends and I are looking for any job opportunities in Florence. Bar/Restaurant work would be awesome. We are all business school graduates. My degree is in Accounting, my friend Dave is Logistics, and my other friend Mike is business management. We all studied abroad in Italy spring 2011, and just want to give it a try and see if we can get a group of us and make it work in Florence. We also all speak conversational Italian and could pick it up quickly. We are planning on coming over in January/February 2013. If there is ANY opportunities, your help would be greatly appreciated! Carlbmack@yahoo.com Ciao
Shantalie on 9 Oct 2012
Hi Carl,

As non-EU citizens you and your friends should be aware that the process of obtaining a work permit in Italy maybe a long one. So be patient. 

It is best if you can secure a job offer before moving over to Italy. The easiest option would be to look into opportunities to have your current employer transfer you to Italy, if this is at all possible.Take a look at the Expat Arrival's page on Work Permits for Italy to learn more about the requirements for obtaining an Italian work permit. 

If you are thinking about setting up your own business, it is worth bearing in mind that the work culture in Italy is very different to what you'll be used to in the USA. Have a read through the Working in Italy to find out more.

Finally, I'd advise you to take a look at this article - Getting a Permit to Live in Italy : One American's Struggle written by Jessica Spiegal, an American expat who was is a very similar position to yourself. I believe you'll find her insights useful and reassuring.

Good luck with your exciting new venture!
Alex Smith on 17 Jan 2014
I am very glad to learn alot from you this meaningful knowledge. From an article describing your unique way , we can see that you are an approachable , humorous person
Alex Smith on 7 Jan 2014
This is very much great and hope fully nice blog. Every body can easily found her need able information. I am visit first time but I fond many use full article. I will back again when get time.
Anonymous (not verified) on 14 Feb 2014
Well, Its nice to see so much of information related to Bar / Restaurant work in florence. thanks for sharing 
Anonymous (not verified) on 12 Mar 2014
Very efficiently written information. It will be priceless to anybody who uses it, together with myself. Sustain the good work – for positive i will try extra posts.