Posted by Claude Brown
on 2 Feb 2018
If I am relocating to Fiji can I ship my 4x4 F150 truck there too?
Daniela de Castro on 26 Mar 2018 - 15:16

Hi there

If you are planning to take your car back to Fiji with you it might be a good idea to hire a relocation company, as they will be the most knowledgeable on the regulations that are relevant to your specific situation. Depending on where you are transporting the car from, it is is quite likely that you will have to pay some form of import duty or tax on the vehicle. Have a look at our Banking, Money and Taxes in Fiji page for a general overview of the tax system in the country. 

- Daniela

Anonymous (not verified) on 23 Mar 2018 - 20:41
I'm a Fiji citizen and going back home. can I take my car with me and is there any duty?
Daniela de Castro on 1 Mar 2018 - 14:05

Hi Claude 

Shipping your truck is likely to be quite costly and time-consuming. Road conditions in Fiji can get quite rough, which could damage your truck and make the move even more complicated.

Have you considered leaving the truck behind and making use of one of Fiji's many public transport options?

- Daniela

GeoBlue International Health Insurance

GeoBlue

GeoBlue is one of the best international health insurance plans for US expats abroad or internationals residing in the USA. The GeoBlue Xplorer plan includes worldwide coverage and great customer service with access to a premium international network of hospitals and doctors including the Blue Cross Blue Shield network in the USA.

Get a quote from GeoBlue