Hello,

I am interested in possibly moving to Jakarta. I have looked at some of the job listings on various job sites online and found that the majority of the employers require a bachelors degree. I lived in Japan for six years and taught English for over two of those years. I do not have a degree although I have completed a variety of post-secondary programs, courses, classes over the years, adding up to the equivalent of approximately 5 years of full-time studies.

I speak and write Japanese and have passed the 日本語能力試験 Nihongo Nōryoku Shiken/JLPT level N3 which is an intermediate level. Outside of the TESL experience in Japan, I also have current training and experience in online marketing and SEO, 2 years of music studies from a university in B.C., Canada, a class 1 professional driver's license, and some other professional work experience that may or may not be valuable in pursuing employment in Indonesia.

By writing this post, I hope to connect with people who have some experience living and working in Jakarta or other locations in Indonesia, and possibly gain some insight into what I would need to do to secure a job position there.

Are there ways of gaining work in Jakarta without possessing a BA?

Thanks in advance for your insight/assistance. :)