Hello,

I am interested in possibly moving to Jakarta. I have looked at some of the job listings on various job sites online and found that the majority of the employers require a bachelors degree. I lived in Japan for six years and taught English for over two of those years. I do not have a degree although I have completed a variety of post-secondary programs, courses, classes over the years, adding up to the equivalent of approximately 5 years of full-time studies.

I speak and write Japanese and have passed the 日本語能力試験 Nihongo Nōryoku Shiken/JLPT level N3 which is an intermediate level. Outside of the TESL experience in Japan, I also have current training and experience in online marketing and SEO, 2 years of music studies from a university in B.C., Canada, a class 1 professional driver's license, and some other professional work experience that may or may not be valuable in pursuing employment in Indonesia.

By writing this post, I hope to connect with people who have some experience living and working in Jakarta or other locations in Indonesia, and possibly gain some insight into what I would need to do to secure a job position there.

Are there ways of gaining work in Jakarta without possessing a BA?

Thanks in advance for your insight/assistance. :)

GeoBlue International Health Insurance

GeoBlue

GeoBlue is one of the best international health insurance plans for US expats abroad or internationals residing in the USA. The GeoBlue Xplorer plan includes worldwide coverage and great customer service with access to a premium international network of hospitals and doctors including the Blue Cross Blue Shield network in the USA.

Get a quote from GeoBlue