Posted by wagj
I have started researching the possibility of retiring abroad, and Spain is one of the countries on my list. Very unexpectedly, I will have a chance to visit Barcelona for a few days at the end of July/beginning of August 2016. Any recommendations for people to meet about retirement options? Real estate agents, expats willing to offer advice, places and neighborhoods to see? I've never been to Spain and I don't speak Spanish -- it's on my list to learn, but not in time for this trip. Does anyone have a guesstimate about the monthly cost of living for a single person renting a fairly modern apartment? Thanks.
Meagan on 14 Jul 2016 - 08:01
Hi wagj,

Congrats on your pending retirement. I think you will find some useful information on the Expat Arrivals Moving to Barcelona and Accommodation in Barcelona pages.

Assuming you would be wanting a one-bedroom apartment, you would be looking at around EUR 450 to EUR 850. This, of course, varies widely according to area and a number of other variables and is just a very rough estimate according to reports from people living in Barcelona.

Hope this helps. Enjoy Barcelona!

Kind regards

Cigna Health Insurance -

If you’re thinking about taking out private health insurance, our trusted partner Cigna Global is very aware of all the difficulties that expats can face when it comes to healthcare in a new location, so they have created a range of international health insurance plans specifically designed for expats, which you can tailor exactly to the needs and ensure access to quality care for you and your family.