on 21 Mar 2015
Hi, I'm a professional who has been presented with a possible opportunity to move to Denmark. I'm a non-EU citizen. I'm a naval architect; In my previous position (in the USA), I earned $76000 p.a.+ $10000 variable overtime pay. I've been very keen to dive into the offshore wind energy sector in Denmark, so this isn't really a move for the money, however, I do not want to undercut myself on the pay (+the higher taxes in Denmark), I'd like to know what would be a good salary of a professional in the Danish maritime sector. I have an MSc degree in my field (Naval Architecture) from the USA and 2 years of experience in the maritime sector in the USA. I really appreciate your time to advise me on this query of mine. Thanks, Ben
Anonymous (not verified) on 23 Mar 2015 - 13:05
Hi Henship,

Its hard for me to say what your salary expectations should be but pay in Denmark is generally pretty good. I think you should have a look at the Cost of Living in Denmark page to work out what you would need to maintain your standard of living in Denmark.

Good luck

William Russell Health Insurance

William Russell

William Russell is a boutique insurance company, that values itself on its great customer service and is underwritten by Allianz. They provide health, life, and income protection insurance for expats around the world. With a global network of 40,000 hospitals and doctors, their health insurance plans are designed so that they follow you to whatever country you move to next.

Get a quote from William Russell