Which are the best areas or suburbs of Barcelona to look for accommodation in as an expat?
Stephanie on 20 Apr 2011
There's plenty of enticing areas and suburbs in Barcelona to make home, but which suits you best is largely dependent on your priorities. I find that families like the spacious flats and shared pool and garden areas that you can find in the uptown Sarria and in Diagonal Mar. Singletons, like me, usually prefer something with a bit more spunk. The oldtown area (Gothic Quarter and surrounds) and El Born are lively and give a sense of city living. Poble Sec is also an area growing in popularity as it's relatively close to the city centre, has great restaurants, and is only a hop, skip and a metro stop away from the greenways of Montjuic.

Anonymous (not verified) on 11 Jun 2012
I live in Poble Sec & I enjoy the area but would prefer to live in Borne or Gotico - i feel that most young expats are concentrated in that area.
Anonymous (not verified) on 12 Jan 2013
Stephanie, I have young kids (8years-4years), so what area would you recommend. Would love a place that offers summer camp close by, maybe walking distance. Thanks in advance, Laura
Anonymous (not verified) on 14 Jan 2013
As an agency (barcelonaroom.com)the best area to live is EIXAMPLE.There are other good areas like Sarria - Born - and Gracia. Good uck and if you need accomaodation I invite you to visit our web thanks catherine
Anonymous (not verified) on 4 Sep 2013
There are 3 main areas, born, ramblas gothic, boqueria. see at http://www.barcelonarentalsvacation.com enjoy!