I am a UK resident looking to work in an admin capacity within oil and gas or healthcare, having applied via many job sites and job boards I haven't been able to successfully gain interviews. How is the job market for people such a myself, also is there an age range on applying, I am 42, any advice greatfully received
Fati on 31 May 2017 - 09:20
Hi Angel. I'm living in Riyadh and unfortunately I don't think you'll be getting any calls for admin jobs here. There are a lot of UK nationals in Riyadh but in senior IT and similar positions. It is quite easy to find admin staff locally so I doubt they'll consider CVs from other countries. Also, they are now trying to increase the number of locals being hired to reduce Saudi unemployment, which is why I really don't think you would get an admin job here. But you can keep trying, it's free! :D
Anonymous (not verified) on 31 May 2017 - 17:12
Thanks the article looks useful I don't know whether I am too old as I am 42:)
Anonymous (not verified) on 31 May 2017 - 12:30
Ok thanks that's a shame to hear maybe I need to look at a different country :(
Meagan on 31 May 2017 - 15:16
Hey, I posted a tweet on the Expat Arrivals Twitter account earlier on today with a link to an article that could be useful for you. I'm not completely convinced that all the advice given in the article is necessarily all that practical, but there are still some pretty good ideas that might get the wheels turning. Check it out: https://twitter.com/ExpatArrivals/status/869889897146060800

William Russell Health Insurance

William Russell

William Russell is a boutique insurance company, that values itself on its great customer service and is underwritten by Allianz. They provide health, life, and income protection insurance for expats around the world. With a global network of 40,000 hospitals and doctors, their health insurance plans are designed so that they follow you to whatever country you move to next.

Get a quote from William Russell