Posted by valentinapearl
I am a 29-year-old, newly single American woman, and figured that the best way to mend a broken heart would be to move far away - very far away - and start over. Plus, I've always loved to travel and the U.S. has begun to bore me. I figure that Romania is just as good of a place as any. Except for a few basic phrases, I don't speak much Romanian. Would the language barrier be a problem for me, or do most Romanians speak English as well? Also, where would be a good place to live? I'd like to find a place that is fairly upscale by American standards but still affordable. I plan to attend a language school somewhere in Bucharest if I can find one, so any recommendations would be great. I would also like to hear from other native English-speakers how long it took to learn Romanian, and I would welcome any tips that you could give me. Thanks!
Anonymous (not verified) on 2 Feb 2016 - 08:37
Hi Valentina! We'd love to be able to help you. We are an English language school based in Bucharest, but we also organize one-to-one Romanian language courses. Our rate is 120 lei per hour with a 15 hour minimum. You'll get 1h and 30 minutes free if you buy this plan, and the course book is included in the price. Let us know if you are interested. Our email address is office@easyenglish.ro Kind regards, Vasi Road Language Centre www.easyenglish.ro
AlexL on 1 Feb 2016 - 06:08
Hi Valentinapearl

We have a guide on Romania, which might be worth checking out. On our culture shock page, you'll see that in the bigger cities, people do speak English. In terms of housing, have a look at our Accommodation in Romania page for an overview of the housing process. 

When are you thinking of moving?

Kind regards,
Alex