on 4 Dec 2015
Hi All, Wondering if anyone here is an expat from the US in Kazakhstan with experience bringing pets? There seems to be some slightly conflicting and sort of confusing information about bringing pets in from the US. I understand the US is considered a rabies-controlled country, but as we know, we're definitely not rabies-free. I have seen conflicting information about requirements to import pets as a result. Some say I just need a valid "pet passport" and formal, notarized proof of recent vaccinations (not just for rabies) within a certain time frame. In other places, I have seen things that state I need to bring the pet that has been living for 6 months in a rabies-free (not controlled) country prior to import. I ask, because I am interviewing at a university in Kazakhstan this week, and I'll admit that I'm intrigued and up for the possibility of learning Kazakh, improving my Russian, and the adventure of it all. That said, I want to make sure that if an offer is forthcoming, I'm informed about my ability to bring my cats. Not being able to do so would be, for me, a game changer. (They're family and not disposable.) Thanks for any insight/advice/experiences. Curious.

“Aetna

Aetna

Aetna International, offering comprehensive global medical coverage, has a network of 1.3 million medical providers worldwide. You will have the flexibility to choose from six areas of coverage, including worldwide, multiple levels of benefits to choose from, plus various optional benefits to meet your needs.