on 4 Dec 2015
Hi All, Wondering if anyone here is an expat from the US in Kazakhstan with experience bringing pets? There seems to be some slightly conflicting and sort of confusing information about bringing pets in from the US. I understand the US is considered a rabies-controlled country, but as we know, we're definitely not rabies-free. I have seen conflicting information about requirements to import pets as a result. Some say I just need a valid "pet passport" and formal, notarized proof of recent vaccinations (not just for rabies) within a certain time frame. In other places, I have seen things that state I need to bring the pet that has been living for 6 months in a rabies-free (not controlled) country prior to import. I ask, because I am interviewing at a university in Kazakhstan this week, and I'll admit that I'm intrigued and up for the possibility of learning Kazakh, improving my Russian, and the adventure of it all. That said, I want to make sure that if an offer is forthcoming, I'm informed about my ability to bring my cats. Not being able to do so would be, for me, a game changer. (They're family and not disposable.) Thanks for any insight/advice/experiences. Curious.

GeoBlue International Health Insurance

GeoBlue

GeoBlue is one of the best international health insurance plans for US expats abroad or internationals residing in the USA. The GeoBlue Xplorer plan includes worldwide coverage and great customer service with access to a premium international network of hospitals and doctors including the Blue Cross Blue Shield network in the USA.

Get a quote from GeoBlue