Hello There is a great chance that I might be moving to Kazakhstan in the next few months. However, I am a little worried whether I would be able to lead a decent life with my family (7 people incl. me) and still be able to save. I am also concerned about finding and being able to afford an international school for my kids (5 years, 6 years and 12 years old). The job offers a salary of between $4000 and $5000, $2000 relocation fee and $4000 to cover school fees. Would this be enough or should I negotiate a higher salary? Thanks!

Anonymous (not verified) on 25 Jun 2015 - 13:49
Hi Mlunigisi,

Check out the Cost of Living in Kazakhstan for a breakdown of expenses commonly experienced by expats.Much of your costs will depend on your lifestyle as well.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Anonymous (not verified) on 14 Jan 2019 - 08:51

If you earn that much and still worry about money then, well, no comment.. Try earning $500 a month and not be able to afford a date, let alone a family, and sending the kids to some posh school. Nothing against you, but some expats in Kazakhstan can only dream of what you seem to complain about.

“Aetna

Aetna

Aetna International, offering comprehensive global medical coverage, has a network of 1.3 million medical providers worldwide. You will have the flexibility to choose from six areas of coverage, including worldwide, multiple levels of benefits to choose from, plus various optional benefits to meet your needs.