Do you have any idea of how could I speak more English in order to learn the language better? I want to improve my English. An idea could be speaking with people. I could do also volunter work. I studied physics and I have worked for a long time as a teacher.
Anonymous (not verified) on 4 Sep 2014 - 11:09
Hi Nikolas,

You are right. Often the best way to learn to speak a language is by conversing with local people. 

Once you get used to the Glaswegian accent, I think you will find that the people are your best resource when it comes to improving your English skills. Scottish people are generally known to be friendly and hospitable towards foreigners, so you are sure to make some new friends as well. 

If you want to go along a more formal route, you could investigate some options to doing some English lessons in Glasgow. The University of Glasgow offers free classes and the Glasgow School of English also has a number of courses tailored to those learning English as a foreign language.

Hope this helps. Good luck

Anonymous (not verified) on 2 Dec 2014 - 13:38
Hi Nikolas, r u doin well in glasgow? hope u re! oh well what about attendin a language schools? I don't know maybe in the eveing it could be easier! i used to attend italian courses when i was there! The school was cactus worldwide (http://www.cactuslanguage.com/en/languages/english/united_kingdom/glasgow.php) n it was really cool! I had the possibilities to speak italian with natives all the time when i was in class. Mi piace molto l'Italia!! give it a shot! hope it helped!

William Russell Health Insurance

William Russell

William Russell is a boutique insurance company, that values itself on its great customer service and is underwritten by Allianz. They provide health, life, and income protection insurance for expats around the world. With a global network of 40,000 hospitals and doctors, their health insurance plans are designed so that they follow you to whatever country you move to next.

Get a quote from William Russell