I have been (in South Africa) for many years, but now we are wanting to return Britain as most of my family are there. What are the chances of us finding work I am in HR and my husband is in the paper making industry as a field technician. We are both over 50. My sister who has been back for eight years is battling and already been retrenched. Would it be easier to start a business? Any honest advice would be great Terri von gordon Durban South Africa.
Anonymous (not verified) on 1 Aug 2017
Very similar situation to ourselves, have the same qurstion - did you receive any replies? we're NZ based at the moment but hope to be over in the UK 9-12 months from now, Alistair & Bo Wellington, NZ
Anonymous (not verified) on 2 Aug 2017
Hi there, Unfortunately nothing. I think starting a business is the way to go, and also it depends on what field you are in. A colleague of my husband who I think was in his late sixties and doing contract work in SA has returned to Northern Ireland. I have been doing lots of searching and Teaching and consultancy work appear to be viable options. Hope you get some feed back. Let me know if you find out anything. Kind regards Terri Von Gordon
RelocationGuru on 15 Aug 2018

Unfortunately it is very difficult, but very much depends on the field. 

HR consultancy is pretty common here. Depending on where you will live in the UK, there are usually a lot of recruitment agencies that focus on contract assignments for HR professionals, teachers, etc.