Posted by TheTerran
I’m a British guy thinking about living permanently in Guilin or Yangshuo. I have quite high standards for aesthetics. On the other hand, I’ve lived in Manila (Philippines) for a few years so I know my way around a slum. However, I’m really trying to avoid a repeat of Manila conditions. Now…to my problem…I’ve seen photos of Guilin looking beautiful (can fall in love with it!!!) but also I’ve seen photos of it looking horrid and slummy. I can’t figure it out. Can you please explain this to me? Are there just some bad parts of town? What is most prevalent, yucky parts or lovely parts?
Anonymous (not verified) on 3 Jun 2016
It is a very touristy place, of course with hidden places that are not so nice.