Posted by RW-admin
on 28 Oct 2015

I want to move to Cape Town in a few months.
One of my friends told me that everywhere is closed around 7pm. Is that true?
if yes why is it like this? is it because of a lack of security there?
which places are closed?

Thanks,
Yasamin

Anonymous (not verified) on 30 Oct 2015 - 06:42
Hi Yasamin,

I can assure you that Cape Town does not have a curfew, and many places- like bars and restaurants- are open till late. In fact, Cape Town is known for its incredible restaurants, cafes, markets and malls. See more about Lifestyle and Shopping in Cape Town here. 

Also have a look at our Safety in South Africa page, to get a better sense of what to expect.

Where in Cape Town do you want to live?

Kind regards,
Alex

“Aetna

Aetna

Aetna International, offering comprehensive global medical coverage, has a network of 1.3 million medical providers worldwide. You will have the flexibility to choose from six areas of coverage, including worldwide, multiple levels of benefits to choose from, plus various optional benefits to meet your needs.