Hi. I am an engineer and recently selected for a job in HK. Now waiting for my visa, as they say it will take 2 to 3 month. Its a Pharmaceuticals Company and they offer for 16K with accommodation, lunch, Transport & Medical Insurance, year end performance bonus. My question is, is it good enough or I am missing anything?

Catherine on 8 Jan 2013 - 11:06
Hi Bashir, whether this salary is good enough would depend on your specific skills and experience. I'm assuming this salary is per month? And also, is this in HK dollars?

Whether this salary will be enough to sustain your particular lifestyle in Hong Kong all depends on what you consider essential expenses and what your lifestyle is and whether you have any dependents to support on this salary. I suggest you take a look at our Cost of Living in Hong Kong page for a breakdown of what you can expect to pay for all the basis goods and services in Hong Kong. You can then see what you monthly expenses will generally work out to and whether this salary is good enough...
Anonymous (not verified) on 10 Jan 2013 - 02:44
Hi Catherin! 16K is in HK DOLLARS and obviously it's monthly. I have six year working experience and joining as an equipment engineer. For first year I will be their without my spouse but after that I have a plan to stay with my wife. At present my company offer me to share a 3 room flat with two other person, and they assure me that if I want to stay with my family in future company will give me an allowance. But I have no idea how much the allowance? How they will calculate year end bonus?

GeoBlue International Health Insurance

GeoBlue

GeoBlue is one of the best international health insurance plans for US expats abroad or internationals residing in the USA. The GeoBlue Xplorer plan includes worldwide coverage and great customer service with access to a premium international network of hospitals and doctors including the Blue Cross Blue Shield network in the USA.

Get a quote from GeoBlue