on 1 Feb 2013
My boyfriend is Argentinian, we want to get married, but we also plan on leaving the country for a while in six months, will this interfere with the legal legitimacy of our marriage? I imagine there are interviews that need to be attended, for example a year after, maybe six months... etc. And after I get married I will need to apply for temporary residency, what happens if my tourist visa expires before this?
Anonymous (not verified) on 28 Mar 2014 - 07:37
HI Alexandra! Getting married in Argentina, with an Argentinian, does not conferred citizenship, it only makes your residency paperwork easier. So travelling around after marriage wont affect the validity of your marriage. Do not let your tourist visa expire you can always ask for a renewal. Good luck !