Posted by Philno45

Hello,
I recently accepted a job offer in Hong Kong that is located in Shatin, New Territories. I am visiting Hong Kong in a few weeks and will permanently be moving here in about 3 months. I was hoping to connect with any real estate agents who are English speaking and can help me look for apartments to rent? I sent a few emails to Squarefoot and Gohome.com to connect with agents, but have not heard back yet. If anyone has contact information on local agents that work with Expats, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

EmmaL on 22 Aug 2017 - 09:34
Hi Philno45

There are many websites and agents who can help you find an apartment, and it's always a good idea to start looking as soon as possible. Have a read of our page on renting property in Hong Kong for a start.

Hongkonghomes is a good site to see what's available and familiarise yourself with the different agencies. It's probably best to look for places that interest you and get in touch with an agent by enquiring through web portals like Savill's, Spacious or even Craig's List. Is there a specific area where you want to live in the New Territories besides Sha Tin?

Philno45 on 24 Aug 2017 - 08:21
Thanks for the information Emma! I'll definitely take a look at the web portals that you've recommended. I'm looking in Taipo and Ma On Shan in the New Territories area. I was told it's probably better to call the agencies once I arrive in Hong Kong, and also knowing a local person who can speak Cantonese when searching for an apartment would be very helpful. Anyway, thanks again for the recommendation! Regards, Phil

Cigna Health Insurance -

Cigna Global can tailor an international health insurance plan to perfectly fit the needs of you and your family. With 86 million customers in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world. Cigna are offering a 10% discount on all policies bought in November and December.