Posted by vaibkv

Need some suggestions. I applied for H1B this year through a consultant in US and got through lottery. Recently, I also got my I797 approval. The consultant will now schedule a date for visa interview, etc. Once that and stamping is done, I need to fly to US and work for him as a consultant/contractor.
I have friends in two other firms in US who have agreed to recruit me full time. Now my question is rather simple - can these firms apply for my H1B transfer right after the visa interview and stamping happens or will I be needed to work for the consultancy guy for a few months before they can apply for my H1B transfer?

Appreciate any suggestions. Just trying to figure out my options.

Thanks,
Vishu

GeoBlue International Health Insurance

GeoBlue

GeoBlue is one of the best international health insurance plans for US expats abroad or internationals residing in the USA. The GeoBlue Xplorer plan includes worldwide coverage and great customer service with access to a premium international network of hospitals and doctors including the Blue Cross Blue Shield network in the USA.

Get a quote from GeoBlue