on 16 Dec 2014
When you first arrive what are the first things to do to live in San Diego?

My wife and I are both 56. I am an artworker with 20 years experience creating digital print and my wife is a childminder.

Are there job opportunities at this age ?
Anonymous (not verified) on 18 Dec 2014 - 14:27
thank,s
Anonymous (not verified) on 17 Dec 2014 - 06:48
Hi Richard,

To get you started I suggest taking a look at this Expat Check List. While it isn't specific to the USA or San Diego it does give you lots to think about before making the move. 

San Diego has a strong economy and there are lots of job opportunities, especially in the technological sector. While age can act against you when it comes to applying for jobs, just remember that your experience will put you ahead of those who are only just entering the industry.

For more information check out the Working in San Diego page.

Good luck

“Aetna

Aetna

Aetna International, offering comprehensive global medical coverage, has a network of 1.3 million medical providers worldwide. You will have the flexibility to choose from six areas of coverage, including worldwide, multiple levels of benefits to choose from, plus various optional benefits to meet your needs.