Hi, I am an Indian and a graduate in IT. I am having 5 years of experience in software development/Web applications. I have been offered a job in Wroclaw, Poland. I am single person. What would be the average salary of an professional with my experience in Wroclaw? Also, as an expat what should I tell them as my expected salary?
kempsv on 5 Sep 2016 - 16:52
I have received an offer to work in a IT company in Wroclaw and the salary range according to them is between 10.000 PLZ and 13.000 PLZ. I am from Brazil, have a wife and a little baby. As a Senior level and more than 10 years experience What Would be enough to live in Wroclaw with my wife and Baby? Would I be able to rent a house/apt downtown and a life having a car (just in case) to able to travel and so on?
kempsv on 5 Sep 2016 - 16:55
Thx a lot Meagan... Will search more info. I have noticed more IT Brazilian folks have landing in Poland. Cheers.
Meagan on 3 Sep 2016 - 21:01

It's difficult to compare salaries from place to place even by using currency conversions as costs of living vary. So even if the salary is lower, if the cost of living is lower too, it might be worth considering. Have a look at our Cost of Living in Poland page. There's a table at the bottom with average prices of day-to-day goods like milk and bread, and other monthly costs such as rent and internet. You can also do a search on websites like Expatistan and Numbeo to compare costs of living between your own city and Warsaw. Another resource is Mercer's Cost of Living survey for 2016, which ranks dozens of cities worldwide according to how high the cost of living in each particular city is. This can also be useful in comparing costs and can be found by Googling.