Expert Info

Posted by stmp0708
on 16 Apr 2016

My husband and I are moving with my parents in HCMC, VN. They are living there as expats right now, working for a US company. I want to know what is available for work as well as if a work permit is needed. We will have the multi-entry 3 month Visa. My husband is a computer technician and builds/repairs computers. Software and Hardware issues. We are hoping he can start a business or just self-employ himself. It seems as though there is a lot of need for good computer repair, but I want to make sure he is able to work on his own without a work permit, or if a work permit is needed, would he be able to get one without a degree? He has many, many years doing this work, even as a teenager for his school. As for me, I have customer service experience but that is about it. I do not have a degree, but I am looking for options about schooling. Aside from that, what is there available to do? Thank you for your time and help!

Anonymous (not verified) on 20 Apr 2016 - 11:24
I thought the new law allowed the 3 month visa to extend for a full year either upon renewal, or it is just transfered over. That is what we told to my parents over there.
Anonymous (not verified) on 20 Apr 2016 - 04:43
Hi, We highly recommend your family should take business visa when enter into Vietnam if you get long staying. As new law from Vietnam government, all customers enter in Vietnam under tourist visa, they can only take 01 month extension when their visa has expired. Thanks
annanguyen on 26 Apr 2016 - 09:28
Dear Mrs. I think you can find job easily in English center such as ILA or VUS. They will train you after you participate in their school. Hope you can find a good job
annanguyen on 26 Apr 2016 - 09:29
And if you need any consult about health insurance, please feel free to contact me . Anna Nguyen Mobile: (+84) 9 871 72 347 |Skype: dungnguyen5591. email:
Anonymous (not verified) on 24 May 2016 - 15:32
Hi, Anyone aware of the US/UK/EU IT Staffing industry in Vietnam?...........Abhi,

Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance

Cigna Global

With 86 million customer relationships in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world.

Get a quote from Cigna Global

GeoBlue International Health Insurance


GeoBlue is one of the best international health insurance plans for US expats abroad or internationals residing in the USA. The GeoBlue Xplorer plan includes worldwide coverage and great customer service with access to a premium international network of hospitals and doctors including the Blue Cross Blue Shield network in the USA.

Get a quote from GeoBlue

Moving Companies

Sirelo logo

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes now!