Expert Info

Posted by Brett Combs
on 3 Mar 2022

I work as a digital product designer for a fully remote agency based in Chicago, USA. I would like to move to Austria and establish residency. I have researched the options and it is unclear how I would apply to stay past a tourist visa's duration.

My team lead lives in the Czech Republic. I would actually be reducing the time shift we currently work around.

Wian Prinsloo on 3 Mar 2022 - 12:21

Hi Brett,

It seems your best options are a Red-White-Red Card, an EU Blue Card or a Red-White-Red Card Plus. Take a look at our visas page for Austria and the official Austrian webpage for immigration, if you haven't already.

Best of luck.

Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance -

Cigna Global

Cigna Global can tailor an international health insurance plan to perfectly fit the needs of you and your family. With 86 million customers in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world. Cigna are offering a 10% discount on all policies bought in November and December.

Get a quote from Cigna Global

Moving Companies

Sirelo logo

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes now!