Expert Info

Posted by Sunil123
on 13 Sep 2016
Hello experts. I am Sunil from Nepal. . I was terminated from my hotel in Qatar 3 months ago in indisciplinery action.I do not have any criminal records Now i am applying for a job in Abu Dhabi. So can I get a working visa in UAE? or Am i banned in UAE? Am I eligible to apply for work permit in UAE.?I will be waiting for your reply. Thank you.
Meagan on 13 Sep 2016 - 12:34
Hi there,

That depends on the reason for your ban. If it's a work-related ban then you should be okay to work in the UAE as it's a separate country to Qatar. However, if the ban is related to criminal charges then the matter becomes more complicated and you may face difficulties.

Sunil123 on 13 Sep 2016 - 12:56
Thanks for the reply meagan, i was terminated for being drunk on duty. there were no criminal charges.
Anonymous (not verified) on 3 Dec 2016 - 20:22
Hi megan I have also question and I need you advise I was deported from UAE for overstay in 2007 years I will be visit uae again.
Meagan on 5 Dec 2016 - 07:33
As far as I'm aware, for overstaying you face a lifetime ban. You should check your status online. Please click here for a guide on how to do that. Once you've confirmed your status, please call your local embassy of the country you were in for information on how to lift the ban.

Expat Health Insurance Partners

Aetna International

Aetna is an award-winning insurance business that provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. Their high quality health insurance plans are tailored to meet the individual needs of expats living and working abroad.

Get a quote from Aetna International


Cigna Global

With 86 million customer relationships in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world.

Get a quote from Cigna Global