Posted by hicool_hotel

Hello friends,
I Have worked in UAE for about 4 years and lastly had a bad experience as I have been gone through some criminal cases for which I have a ban and Deported on my name.

My question here is.. Is it possible to work in other GCC if I have sponsor.
KINDLY ADVICE ME IF ANY KNOWLEDGE YOU MAY HAVE ON THIS.

Meagan on 22 May 2017 - 13:07

In criminal cases such as yours, all GCC members are permitted access to this information on your file. From what I can gather, one of two things are likely to happen: either you'll be denied entry on the basis of the criminal charges, or you'll be allowed entry only to be arrested at the border and transported to the country where the charges originated and tried for the crime. (You can click here to read an article which gives more details.)

Sorry I don't have better news for you – it might be a good idea to look for work outside of the GC instead.

david20203 on 20 Sep 2020 - 11:20

Hello,

my friend has been deported from uae following a criminal case proceeding which was not about murder or drugs. there was no other jail term, only deportation sentence by the court.

in this case can he come to Qatar and get a job in Qatar ?

Claire on 21 Sep 2020 - 14:17

Hi there, from what I can understand, ultimately, the reason for deportation is not of consequence, but rather that your friend has been deported and faces a travel ban to the UAE means he is highly unlikely to be allowed to travel to other countries in the GCC, and this includes Qatar. As far as I can see, getting a work permit and finding a job in Qatar will not be possible. However, it's best to check official websites, such as Hukoomi and the State of Qatar Ministry of Interior.

I hope this helps.

Anonymous (not verified) on 11 Jul 2017 - 12:58
Hi, am from india,am bank loan defaulter in Dubai in 2009, personal loan for 33,000, and credit card for 26000, now pplanning to go Qatar or Oman can i get work visa, or can i work there ? please tell me.
Meagan on 12 Jul 2017 - 12:41

Do you know if the bank/s involved have filed a criminal case against you? If they have, then you might be in the same situation as the other person I replied to above – meaning that if you try to enter a GCC country you could be imprisoned on entry, or before that your work visa application could be denied. This is because GCC countries are allowed to share information on people with criminal cases including fingerprints, passport numbers, etc. As I advised above, it may be best to look for work in a non-GCC country to avoid this problem.

Best of luck.

GeoBlue International Health Insurance

GeoBlue

GeoBlue is one of the best international health insurance plans for US expats abroad or internationals residing in the USA. The GeoBlue Xplorer plan includes worldwide coverage and great customer service with access to a premium international network of hospitals and doctors including the Blue Cross Blue Shield network in the USA.

Get a quote from GeoBlue