Expert Info

Posted by
on 25 Dec 2015
Hello, I am a Austrian citizen and my partner is South African. We have been living together for three years and would like to move to Stockholm. I understand I will have to find work there first, then he can apply for residence based on our relationship. If he is granted residence, how long does he need to wait before he can apply for a job in Stockholm? Thank you for your help!
Anonymous (not verified) on 4 Jan 2016 - 09:01
Hi Mildred,

From what I can tell, you will need to get permenant residence in Sweden before you can sponsor your a partner to move to Stockholm. You should consult an immigration expert before you begin the process - some countries require a couple to be married if they want to sponsor each other.

Check out the Visas for Sweden page for some background information.



Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance

Cigna Global

With 86 million customer relationships in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world.

Get a quote from Cigna Global



Aetna International, offering comprehensive global medical coverage, has a network of 1.3 million medical providers worldwide. You will have the flexibility to choose from six areas of coverage, including worldwide, multiple levels of benefits to choose from, plus various optional benefits to meet your needs.

Get your free no-obligation quotes now!

Moving Companies

Sirelo logo

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes now!