Expert Info

Posted by Traceyleeg
on 1 Jul 2019

My son is tuning 17 end of this year. He will move during the course of next year with us to Sweden. Does he go to College or High school? And which are the institutions I should look into ? 

Meagan on 5 Jul 2019 - 08:03

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for posting in our forum. Where are you guys moving from, and what city are you moving to?

If he hasn't completed high school yet, he wouldn't yet be eligible for tertiary institutions. Swedish is generally the language of education in local public schools, so if he doesn't yet speak Swedish I'd recommend you go for a private English-speaking school, preferably one with the same curriculum he's been in up to now. We have a list of International Schools in Stockholm, if that's where you happen to be moving. Otherwise for more details on the schooling system check out Education and Schools in Sweden.

Also if you're looking for some general info, have a look at my answer to this forum question from another user:

Hope this helps!


Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance -

Cigna Global

If you’re thinking about taking out private health insurance, our trusted partner Cigna Global is very aware of all the difficulties that expats can face when it comes to healthcare in a new location, so they have created a range of international health insurance plans specifically designed for expats, which you can tailor exactly to the needs and ensure access to quality care for you and your family.

Get a quote from Cigna Global

Moving Companies

Sirelo logo

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes now!