Posted by Silja Corlett
We are currently considering taking a teaching role in Brunei, however I'm concerned with the phases of the penal code coming into play over the next couple of years. We'd love some feedback from expats who are currently residing there or very recently returned. We are a family travelling with two small children. It seems that all the information I find is a few years old. I'd love specifically to know what is expected regarding women.
Tech_Entrepreneur on 27 Nov 2016 - 15:19
Silja, I traveled to Brunei to specifically research setting up a business there and to determine how comfortable my family might be living there as Christians. I spent a week there and I came away extremely impressed that both native Brunei residence and ex-pats hold the Sultan in high regards and the quality of life which the country has achieved is very good and they have accomplished this while incurring "NO DEBT". Kota Kinabalu is very cheap, ~3 hr ferry ride away. I am launching a business in Malaysia but would certainly consider moving it to Brunei. Best of Luck with your Adventure. Tech Entrepreneur