Posted by Jotunhammer
So, Im going for a extended stay in Madeira. and I am taking some painkillers called Citodon in swedish, they are 500mg paracetamol and 30mg codein and I was wondering if that is possible to attain in Portugal/Maderia through the local pharmacy and how hard it is to get, I do have prescription in sweden, in swedish. How would I go about attaining that while I am in Madeira?
Meagan on 4 Sep 2017 - 09:34
Hi Jotunhammer,

You should be able to pick up a similar medication called Doluron or Doluron Fort. If you're unsure, you can always ask the pharmacist for a medication with the same chemical components, as you've done here. As far as I know Doluron is available over the counter, although OTC meds are often cheaper if you have a prescription from a local doctor. If it turns out you do need a prescription, I'm not sure the one you have from home will suffice, especially as it's in a foreign language. In that case you'd need to either visit a local doctor or ask a local pharmacist about OTC alternatives.

“Aetna

Aetna

Aetna International, offering comprehensive global medical coverage, has a network of 1.3 million medical providers worldwide. You will have the flexibility to choose from six areas of coverage, including worldwide, multiple levels of benefits to choose from, plus various optional benefits to meet your needs.