on 16 Feb 2017

Hi,I am 35 years old woman from Armenia, i have 5 years old son and i raise him alone,and it is hard for me to raise him in my country. i was traveling to Norway and i loved that country. I want to move there with my son. Can someone help me or give me any advise how to start. What do i need for it.

Meagan on 16 Feb 2017 - 06:53
Hi Ruzanna,

The answer to your question would vary quite widely depending on your nationality. Can you tell me what country you're from? Also, what industry do you work in? Then I can give you a more comprehensive answer.

RuzannaZakharyan on 16 Feb 2017 - 10:54
Hi Meagan, thank you for your respond. I am from Armenia, i work in telecommunication field
Meagan on 16 Feb 2017 - 12:09
Hi Ruzanna,

To work in Norway, you would need a work permit and a residence permit. To obtain a work permit, you would first need to secure a job. As a non-EU citizen, this might be tricky. You can try searching online for jobs or going through a recruitment agency. For more, have a look at our pages on Visas for Norway and Working in Norway.

Best of luck with your search!

Anonymous (not verified) on 30 Jun 2017 - 20:40
I would like to retire in Norway--become an ex-pat...how do I do this?
Meagan on 3 Jul 2017 - 08:05
Hi Anonymous,

What nationality are you?

jmaturan9 on 26 Feb 2018 - 01:15
hi, i want to move to norway and i am from the United States. could i get some help on this. Also, my fiance is norwegian.

William Russell Health Insurance

William Russell

William Russell is a boutique insurance company, that values itself on its great customer service and is underwritten by Allianz. They provide health, life, and income protection insurance for expats around the world. With a global network of 40,000 hospitals and doctors, their health insurance plans are designed so that they follow you to whatever country you move to next.

Get a quote from William Russell