Posted by Karl W
I know this a very broad question and one thats also been well worn, so apologies but any assistance and pointers would be greatly apprecited. I'm a single, never married 46 year old man with no kids (ergo no luggage) and I've got a bit disillusioned with life in the UK, so I look over the pond and think maybe life could be more rewarding and oportunities greater in USA. Is this relaistic or "Grass greener" I'm a professional engineer in the construction industry so the skills are transferable but I think the employment question is a different discussion. I suppose my question is, where ? And how much red tape would there be in the process ? I had wondered about renting somewhere for 6 months or so before buying, I'm cash posative so no lending or borrowing required. Big questions, big country....any starter advice ?? Thanks Karl
AnnaDanishek on 13 Apr 2016 - 08:10
Your intention seems to me very brave and inspiring. Sorry, I do not know anything about living in the USA but wish you all the best!!!
theoccolvin on 4 Apr 2019 - 03:40

I think "the grass is greener" statement goes both ways. I currently live in the United States and have lived here all of my life. Many people in the United States are envious about the UK, and I think it is the same way there. There are parts of the US that are good places to live (as in the UK), but honestly they are very similar like countries that are hard to compare. Hope this might help!

GeoBlue International Health Insurance

GeoBlue

GeoBlue is one of the best international health insurance plans for US expats abroad or internationals residing in the USA. The GeoBlue Xplorer plan includes worldwide coverage and great customer service with access to a premium international network of hospitals and doctors including the Blue Cross Blue Shield network in the USA.

Get a quote from GeoBlue