on 23 Mar 2015

Hello...I have accepted a job with Gulf Consolidated Contractors in Al Dammam, KSA.
They advised me to use Riyadh Travel and Tourism for processing of my visa documents/work permits. Initially I paid $1650 for expedited service. Everything seemed okay.
Today, they are asking for an additional $5,000 USD due to some new law: KSA Ministry of Labor/Engineering Council and Social Affairs-Ministerial Decree No 33 (1979)Royal Decree No. M/21 and Decision of Council of Ministers No. 745 dated February 24/25, 2015. Supposedly it is called KSA Engineering Council Registration/Expatriate Clearance Exercise Certification.
They assured me I will be reimbursed upon receiving visa/work permit. Does anyone have any experience with this, and is this the real deal? It seems like an outlandish sum of money.

Thank you,

Michael Schmitt