Posted by lhockenbury2
on 10 Oct 2016
I recently asked a question regarding getting a visa for my wife who is from Thailand (cannot enter Saudi on a work visa). I am here on a 5 year multi-entry business visa for 6 months total with several trips in and out of KSA. I was told it was possible to get a visa for her to come to Saudi with the help of sponsorship thru my company. However, they did not specify what type of visa I should apply for which is critical as I do not want to have it rejected. In the past my company has "hired" the wives of expats and brought them over on a business visa, however, with her being Thai I am not sure if this is allowed or not. There is also the family visit visa as well but I am not sure what the right move is and as stated do not want her application to be rejected for picking the wrong type.
Catherine on 14 Oct 2016 - 14:45
Hi there, have you spoken to your company directly about this? Perhaps they will have some experience in this and may be able to offer some insights.