I'm going to be moving to Bucharest for six months at the end of this year. As a single and independent women who likes to get out an about, I'm just wondering what there is to do in Bucharest. Are there nightclubs and great places to eat? Where do people party in Bucharest? Any recommendations for great places to go out welcome!
Anonymous (not verified) on 23 Jul 2013 - 10:04
Hi Anya

Romanians are know to enjoy a good party and Bucharest is certainly the centre of culture, nightlife and entertainment in Romania! You'll certainly not lack for something to do on weekends and with many pubs and restaurants often clustered in certain areas, it's not uncommon to have many people congregating on the city's popular streets at nightand it's generally safe to walk around at night. The most popular nightlife spot in Bucharest is centred around the Lipscani area, where there are plenty of restaurants, pubs and nightclubs. People often party till the early hours of the morning as there are no restrictions when it comes to closing times and the sale of alcohol.

Take a look at our page on Lifestyle and Shopping in Bucharest to learn more about what there is to see and do in the city.
Anonymous (not verified) on 24 Jul 2013 - 08:11
Bucharest has a fabulous nightlife - you are going to have so much fun there. I spent two years in the city and really miss the great parties I had there!
Anonymous (not verified) on 1 Aug 2013 - 15:31
Hi Anya,

You'll have a great time in Romania. The nightlife and social scene is fabulous and the Romanians really know how to party.

I was there a couple of years ago so I am sure some of the spots have changed but I would recommend you speak to the locals and try and make some local friends. Its the best way to really experience the best of Bucharest.

As Catherine has mentioned above a lot of the best places are located in the Lipscani area in Bucharest.

Enjoy Romania. I am sure you will have a great time.

Anonymous (not verified) on 12 Feb 2014 - 07:04
This is such a Great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free

William Russell Health Insurance

William Russell

William Russell is a boutique insurance company, that values itself on its great customer service and is underwritten by Allianz. They provide health, life, and income protection insurance for expats around the world. With a global network of 40,000 hospitals and doctors, their health insurance plans are designed so that they follow you to whatever country you move to next.

Get a quote from William Russell