Hi everyone

We're planning on relocating to the Netherlands next year, and want to really do our research properly. I hope someone here can help me out. I've been considering sending my kids to a public school (they're both young enough to fit in nicely, I think) and since we haven't decided on where we plan to live, I'd rather settle in an area close to a good school. I will be working in The Hague, and we're quite keen to find a place to stay outside of the city.

Have any expats here sent their kids to a public school? If they are, how are they adapting? I know it varies from kid to kid, but I'd really appreciate any feedback. Also, where around The Hague do you think is a good family area to live? Are there any schools you can recommend?

Thanks!
EmmaL on 1 Sep 2017 - 10:24
Hi there

Haagse Hout is a good family area in The Hague. Have a look at our page on areas and suburbs in The Hague for some more info.

Sorghvliet is a very good school, and there are many other schools in and around The Hague. A good idea is to read reviews online of schools and base your decision around that.

Hope this helped and good luck!

William Russell Health Insurance

William Russell

William Russell is a boutique insurance company, that values itself on its great customer service and is underwritten by Allianz. They provide health, life, and income protection insurance for expats around the world. With a global network of 40,000 hospitals and doctors, their health insurance plans are designed so that they follow you to whatever country you move to next.

Get a quote from William Russell