Expert Info

Posted by
on 22 Sep 2015
Dear all, I am a Brazilian citizen and I have recently moved to Norway with my Romanian girlfriend. She has a 100% contract in Tromsø and I am still with a tourist visa. We have been in a relationship for more than 2 years, but we cannot prove it with documents or rent contracts because we have been working on a ship where we met. Usually contracts are of minimum 6 months, so every time we finished a contract we did holidays together and then embarked again. On the ship the company did not give us a separate cabin because only married couples have that privilege. We only have photos and the fact that this year my salary went on my girlfriends account due to some credit card issues. On the other hand, I shall sign a 60% contract with a restaurant. I have graduated Marketing in Brazil, so it has nothing to do with my job as a cook. My tourist visa expires in one month, and I am a little bit confused about which way to apply, as a cohabitant of my Romanian girlfriend or pay the fee for the work permit? But I have to apply as a seasonal worker which only allows me to stay for a few months. Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you. Best regards, Rafael& Aurelia

Expat Health Insurance Partners

Aetna International

Aetna is an award-winning insurance business that provides health benefits to more than 650,000 members worldwide. Their high quality health insurance plans are tailored to meet the individual needs of expats living and working abroad.

Get a quote from Aetna International


Cigna Global

With 86 million customer relationships in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world.

Get a quote from Cigna Global