Expert Info

Posted by LadyKin
on 19 Mar 2022

Hello. As a Taiwanese born, left as a toddler, has a Taiwanese passport, can I return to Taiwan to live as a resident? I do not have records or information on my household registry. I am a US Citizen. 

Thank you!

Meagan on 25 Mar 2022 - 10:21

Hi there,

As you have a Taiwanese passport, I believe you should be able to enter and live in Taiwan without issue assuming the passport is still valid and hasn't expired. The following FAQ page states that both the US and Taiwan allow dual citizenship:

It would be best to get confirmation before moving of course, and I think the organisation linked above (American Institute in Taiwan) will likely be able to assist you with this or at least point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps!

- M

Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance

Cigna Global Health Insurance.

Moving your family abroad can be intimidating, but learning about medical options such as family health insurance early on can help you settle successfully.

  • Comprehensive Family coverage, wherever you go
  • Paediatric coverage for well-child visits & immunizations
  • Access to dental and orthodontic care
  • 24/7 multilingual Customer Service

Get a quote from Cigna Global

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo logo

International Movers. Get Quotes. Compare Prices.

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes from select removal companies now!