Posted by j_johnson90
I am planning to teach in Taiwan and already have my work permit from the school that hired me. Unfortunately, it's a rather arduous process and time is running out. The school is looking for ways to expedite the process for me as am I. I have been informed that it might be possible for the school to apply for the visa there for me and forward the information to the consulate. I want to know if this is possible and if there are any other ways to gain this residence visa. Any advice and tips would be really welcome.
Meagan on 9 Sep 2016 - 09:59

It is most important to have a valid work permit, which you already have. You should be able to enter the country (depending on your nationality, you may or may not need to apply for a visitors visa to do so), apply for a residence permit there and work while you wait for it to be processed. You can click here for more info.

GeoBlue International Health Insurance

GeoBlue

GeoBlue is one of the best international health insurance plans for US expats abroad or internationals residing in the USA. The GeoBlue Xplorer plan includes worldwide coverage and great customer service with access to a premium international network of hospitals and doctors including the Blue Cross Blue Shield network in the USA.

Get a quote from GeoBlue