Expert Info

Posted by Denise McNamara
on 28 Oct 2018


We are Australian Citizens living in Malaysia and want to apply for a long stay (D class visa) for Cyprus.  

Our plan is to do some house-sitting for 4 months while we look around the island (Western End)

Would appreciate advice on how one applies for the visa and if you need to present in person at an embassy or whether it can all be done online


Daniela de Castro on 29 Oct 2018 - 07:28

Hi there

Our guide to visas for Cyprus has a useful summary of the different visas which you may be eligible for, as well as an overview of the application process. Getting in touch with your nearest embassy for Cyprus will probably be the best way to arrange your visa. When are you planning to move?

Hope this helps!

- Daniela

Expat Health Insurance

Cigna Health Insurance

Cigna Global

With 86 million customer relationships in over 200 countries, Cigna Global has unrivalled experience in dealing with varied and unique medical situations and delivering high standards of service wherever you live in the world.

Get a quote from Cigna Global



Aetna International, offering comprehensive global medical coverage, has a network of 1.3 million medical providers worldwide. You will have the flexibility to choose from six areas of coverage, including worldwide, multiple levels of benefits to choose from, plus various optional benefits to meet your needs.

Get your free no-obligation quotes now!

Moving Companies

Sirelo logo

Moving Internationally?

Sirelo has a network of more than 500 international removal companies that can move your furniture and possessions to your new home. By filling in a form, you’ll get up to 5 quotes from recommended movers. This service is free of charge and will help you select an international moving company that suits your needs and budget.

Get your free no-obligation quotes now!