My husband's company has a location in Auckland and we'll will relocate there for two years from USA with work visa. We have three young kids, do we have to pay for public school? How much? Thank you
Leeda Collier on 7 Aug 2014 - 19:26
Xavier, Thank you so much!Good news! Contacted one of the schools in Auckland to confirm. Looking to rent 3 bedroom house in near good school and job in Central city Auckland. Any suggestions?
Xavier on 4 Aug 2014 - 08:59
Hi Leeda

Free public schooling is only available to citizens and permanent residents. 

Have a look at our Education and Schools in New Zealand to find out more. 

I've made a few enquiries, and will let you know if I get any feedback on what you might expect to pay.

Good luck!

Xavier
Xavier on 7 Aug 2014 - 14:38
Hi Leeda

I got some updated information. Having spoken to an expat who stays there, it seems you should have access to free public schooling if you have a work visa.

I'd double check this with NZ Immigration to be sure, but there is hope.

Hope everything works out!

Xavier

Anonymous (not verified) on 19 Aug 2014 - 13:04
Hi Xavier, U seem to be quite knowledgeable and helping. M planning to immigrate to NZ.According to your observation, How's IT job market ?? M an oracle Apps DBA Manager. How easy to find a job there ?? Regards, Lucky