Posted by 1shiraz
on 31 Dec 2015
I'm a 60 year old woman and I'd love to emigrate to the Western Suburbs of Melbourne from UK. My son and daughter in law emigrated over here a few years ago and I'd really like to relocate out there to be near to them but I'm worried about not knowing anybody other than my son and daughter in law and not sure how I'd go about meeting new people. Has anybody else been in the same situation and who could offer advice?
Anonymous (not verified) on 4 Jan 2016
Guys, i need tips for migrating to Melbourne for work permit. i consulted many people here in India but maximum are giving me advise to join some private colleges & do part time job. but i am not much sure about this method. i guess, this is the right platform to discuss & find out best one for me. i searched a lot on internet too but not finding much on this, There are lots of sites offering packages for the same but i want to know more about weather, people, stay, culture, etc. i got few sites like - www.microburbs.com.au/ Still looking further for a better information about the region. Regards !
Shantalie on 4 Jan 2016

I am sure you'll meet lots of fellow expats in Melbourne. You can join groups like meet-up and internations as a way of meeting other people who are in the same boat.

For information on work permits I suggest taking a look at the Work Permits for Australia page.

Good luck