Posted by camilledd
Hi We desperately need help to find 1. Schools near to the University of Melbourne for our 4 year old (preferably Montessori) 2. Housing agent to help us locate accommodations quickly.
Anonymous (not verified) on 26 Aug 2016
Hi Camilledd, Have you tried http://www.homely.com.au/ ? They have a great website with suburb reviews and a Q&A section. You can also find agents on there as reviewed by clients.
Finders Keeper… on 26 Aug 2016
Hi Camille, you can look us up. Finders Keepers Property Locators in Melbourne. We have helped professors in Melb Uni find their rentals before they arrived.
Soren Lindgreen on 14 Oct 2016
Hi I have a question regarding which visa grant access to the public schools in Melbourne. I'm moving to Melbourne for 6 month with my wife and two children (5 and 7 years old). We're moving in the beginning of January. My wife is a phd-student and are going to work with an Australian institute. She's bringing her own salary from Denmark and are not going to be formally enlisted at a university. I'll keep my danish work (online). So neither of us are going to have a work contract and the institute whom my wife is going to work with can not provide sponsorship. Our kids are going to go in public school, but I can't figure out which visa is the right one for us. Can children start in public school on a visitor visa? Has anyone been in a similar situation? Best Soren
Anonymous (not verified) on 28 Dec 2016
Hi Soren, I am looking to be in exactly the same situation you are next January - can you let me know what you found? Also, how did you enroll your children in school? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Best Jaime