My partner and I intend to move to Australia as soon as the visa process is finished so we are looking at schooling for our son (secondary education will be 12 when we move). We are struggling to know what is a good and bad school in the Melbourne suburbs. It needs to be in an area where we can get a comfortable house for $400K - $600K. We had looked at the Tarneit area but have read lots of bad things about crime, drugs and some racial comments which has got us concerned about the area. Can anyone recommend suburbs and schools which might meet our needs?
Anonymous (not verified) on 8 Jun 2016
Hi there, Will you employer be willing to assist you with some sort of housing allowance?
Anonymous (not verified) on 6 Jun 2016
Hi Mark, Have you considered the South Eastern Suburbs? There are lots of great options and many of the schools are very popular. Have you secured employment yet? If so, it might be good to look at alternatives in the area you are working.
Anonymous (not verified) on 6 Jun 2016
I'm finding that the south east suburbs are way out of my price range. Houses in the two you have mentioned are selling for millions of dollars according to realestate website.
Solutions For … on 24 Jul 2016
Hey Mark, Look at Caroline Springs. Great location, has all amenities within the suburb, offers world class living, only 25 min. to downtown Melbourne during off-peak hours, and affordable living. I am sure you'll get comfortable home within your range.