Hello everyone! My company want me to move to Guangzhou next year. I want my boyfriend to come with me, but first I need to know if its easy to find a job in Guangzhou without speaking Chinese. Just in case he couldn't find a job, I would like to know how much money would we need nowadays to live comfortably in Guangzhou (no luxury but a decent house close to the centre). Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help.
Anonymous (not verified) on 16 Sep 2014 - 19:37
Hi Areport42, I'm moving to Guangzhou myself in a few weeks and haven't been there before. So unfortunately I can't help you out with your question. But I've found a website with many active members that may help - www.gzstuff.com
Anonymous (not verified) on 25 Aug 2016 - 07:45
If your boyfriend can speak English it will be very easy for him to find a teaching job and make around 10k per month (~1400$). Other jobs are not that easy to find but they are looking for teachers at any corner so even if he doesn't have the education to be a teacher he can find a job as one very easily
Anonymous (not verified) on 19 Jul 2017 - 07:06
Hi Areport42, I am a local english speaking Chinese,I think it would be quite easy for a native english speaker find a job in guang zhou as a teacher. Nowadays, if you like a comfortable life in Guang zhou, if you do not cook at home, I think around 3000 USD is a must ... any issues, welcome add me skype: owen.renwei

William Russell Health Insurance

William Russell

William Russell is a boutique insurance company, that values itself on its great customer service and is underwritten by Allianz. They provide health, life, and income protection insurance for expats around the world. With a global network of 40,000 hospitals and doctors, their health insurance plans are designed so that they follow you to whatever country you move to next.

Get a quote from William Russell