on 25 Oct 2012
I have heard that the Import tax on household/personal items when moving to Russia is EUR 4.00 per kg. Is this true? Does anyone know pls? Thank you
Anonymous (not verified) on 29 Jan 2013 - 14:40
Yes it is true, I moved last summer 2012 and you must pay to Russian customs when your goods arrived 4 euros/kg. You can find furniture here at Ikea for much cheaper prices than bringing your own. Look for semi-furnished/furnished apartments
Anonymous (not verified) on 3 May 2013 - 21:43
?I just was reading that Russia dropped the Import tax for the personal furniture and other belongings as of 2011.
Anonymous (not verified) on 10 Sep 2013 - 14:12
What is the factual situation?
Anonymous (not verified) on 29 Sep 2013 - 22:25
I have beautiful furniture now why would I go for cheap Ikea? If you are a student: maybe. But we are looking for a long stay... But... 4 euro per kg is absolute robbery! our China cabinet alone will take at least 300 kg...So... what is a real situation?
saramailis on 3 Oct 2018 - 15:21

Hi, we are about to move to Moscow and I am a bit horrified at the import tax we are looking to pay. We are not taking furniture just linen, crockery, clothes and ornaments - I expect it is 1000 kg worth- so will we really be looking at 5000 odd euros to manage just the tax??? I wonder how the original enquirer got on with her furniture?! How do ordinary people manage this cost?/do people usually move their belongings???

thanks so much!

William Russell Health Insurance

William Russell

William Russell is a boutique insurance company, that values itself on its great customer service and is underwritten by Allianz. They provide health, life, and income protection insurance for expats around the world. With a global network of 40,000 hospitals and doctors, their health insurance plans are designed so that they follow you to whatever country you move to next.

Get a quote from William Russell