on 25 Oct 2012
I have heard that the Import tax on household/personal items when moving to Russia is EUR 4.00 per kg. Is this true? Does anyone know pls? Thank you
Anonymous (not verified) on 29 Jan 2013
Yes it is true, I moved last summer 2012 and you must pay to Russian customs when your goods arrived 4 euros/kg. You can find furniture here at Ikea for much cheaper prices than bringing your own. Look for semi-furnished/furnished apartments
Anonymous (not verified) on 3 May 2013
?I just was reading that Russia dropped the Import tax for the personal furniture and other belongings as of 2011.
Anonymous (not verified) on 10 Sep 2013
What is the factual situation?
Anonymous (not verified) on 29 Sep 2013
I have beautiful furniture now why would I go for cheap Ikea? If you are a student: maybe. But we are looking for a long stay... But... 4 euro per kg is absolute robbery! our China cabinet alone will take at least 300 kg...So... what is a real situation?
saramailis on 3 Oct 2018

Hi, we are about to move to Moscow and I am a bit horrified at the import tax we are looking to pay. We are not taking furniture just linen, crockery, clothes and ornaments - I expect it is 1000 kg worth- so will we really be looking at 5000 odd euros to manage just the tax??? I wonder how the original enquirer got on with her furniture?! How do ordinary people manage this cost?/do people usually move their belongings???

thanks so much!